Friday, December 7, 2007

Podcasts Thing #21 (almost there....)

OK, I can't open the podcasts from podcast alley, because the pc at work is demanding that I download another application; but Podcast.net gave me no problems at all, I just wasn't sure exactly what to look for. (I was pretty sure that The Daily Show and the Colbert Report were available via podcast, but I couldn't find them.) I tried looking through Podcast.net for humor, but then I had to figure out how to limit my search results to humor IN ENGLISH, because I won't understand humor in other languages. The see also suggestsion (marketing, sermons, electro, funk) made no sense at all to me. Now, the Old Time Radio Shows might be of interest to our customers, but are these the customers who will be able to find them? (Right content, wrong format problem.)

We might be able to use podcasts to record Library program's musical performances, so that people who can't make it to that branch or wish to listen to a concert again could be able to attend a "virtual" program; and we could also put links to other items that might be of interest to our customers as part of a podcast pathfinder; a page that had a podcast of a concert of Cole Porter music could also have links to CDs we have of Cole Porter's music; books about Cole Porter and Jazz in general; and movies about Cole Porter (though the only movie I know that would qualify is De-Lovely.

No comments: