Thursday, October 4, 2007

But Mommy, I Don't LIKE Science Fiction/Fantasy!

I've never really been a Science Fiction fan. I've read some Heinlein, I've read some Asimov, but I never really got into the genre. Then I found "The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse" by Robert Rankin, and I was hooked. Jack goes to "The City" to search for adventure. After surviving a carnivorous farmer who traps and kills orphan boys, Jack is taken up by Eddie Bear, a stuffed teddy bear private detective. "The City" is Toy City, inhabited almost exclusively by toys. Someone is killing off the old toys (Humpty Dumpty, for starters). If you need to recommend science fiction to someone who really doesn't want to read it, try offering them The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies.

2 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

This book sounded interesting, but, alas it is nonrequestable. Maybe I will try to pick it up during my next Sunday at Central.

Kaylee said...

OMG... I absolutely love this book. I've also picked up a couple of his other books because I loved it so much. If you enjoy "Hollow Chocolate Bunnies..." I hope you pick up the sequel: "The Toyminator", all about Eddie Bear.