Saturday, January 15, 2011

A totally different direction?

I'm not even sure if this will work, but I'm going to try to turn this into a broader culture blog. "Not even sure if this will work" really means I don't know if I'm going to continue doing things that I think are worthy of comment, or if I will lose interest in writing about my life before maintaining this blog becomes a real habit, but I'm going to give it a try.

The totally different direction from the Title is that I am now going to talk about things I've seen or read (plays, movies, art displays, books, even magazine articles) and what I think about them. A broad cultural critique, or sometimes just some suggestions of how an experience might be enriched. I remember driving across the George Washington Bridge as "New York State of Mind" came on the radio. Yes, that sounds like a cliche but I remember that song making me SO happy as I came closer and closer to home. Would connecting those two experiences work for everyone? Of course not, but they did for me. I also wished that I could have listened to "The Day Off" and "It's Hot Up Here" from Sunday in the Park With George while I was at the Art Institute in Chicago looking at A Sunday on La Grande Jatte. So two weeks into the beginning of a new year, I'm going to return to this blog and see what comes of it. Stay tuned!

No comments: